A sharp, savvy examination of financial fraud, Expert Fraud Investigation: A Step-by-Step Guide is one of the few books to take the leap from theoretical discussion to the actual nuts and bolts of performing an investigation. Fraud expert Tracy Coenen offers an insider look at many of the most common types of fraud cases and points out some of the best methods for analyzing the books and records to search for proof of fraud. Read more about the book at its website, www.expertfraud.com.
An invaluable tool to help professionals understand how financial fraud occurs in an organization and what to do when it is found or suspected, all the guidance needed to uncover corporate fraud is here, from the point of opening an investigation, selecting a team, through the entire process, including:
- The most common fraud schemes
- The difference between audits and investigations
- Effectively managing the investigation
- Looking for fraud in little things
- Using public and private records in investigations
- Getting creative as a fraud investigator
- Uncovering asset misappropriation schemes, financial statement fraud, corruption schemes, and external fraud schemes
- How to prevent fraud from happening in the first place
Does your organization need to conduct a fraud investigation? Who needs to be involved? Expert Fraud Investigation gives you access to all the necessary background on fraud, the various types of fraud investigations, as well as the legalities involved. Making a difficult undertaking more manageable, this essential book arms you with the tools to take your organization step by step through the process of an effective fraud investigation. Read more about the book at its website, www.expertfraud.com.
Tags: Fraud Investigation