We can evaluate the work of Certified Public Accountants when fraud was not uncovered or the professional standards were not followed. Our services leverage our auditing, accounting, and fraud knowledge to help evaluate the work done by auditors and accountants during financial statement audits, financial statement reviews, and compilation engagements.
Sequence Inc. has completed numerous engagements related to accountants’ malpractice. We can evaluate your case to determine whether a malpractice claim is viable, render opinions on whether the CPAs complied with applicable professional standards, and give expert witness testimony.
Our understanding of fraud and the methods used to commit fraud provides a solid basis for examining cases when auditors and accountants may be at fault. We can examine engagement agreements to determine the scope of work of the accountants or auditors, review work papers and analyze deficiencies, and consider relevant accounting standards (Generally Accepting Accounting Practices – GAAP), auditing standards (Generally Accepting Auditing Standards – GAAS), and other applicable rules and regulations.
- Analysis of the fraud to determine amounts, methods, and perpetrators
- Review of engagement agreements to determine the appropriate scope of work by the accountants or auditors
- Examination of accountants’ work papers and analysis of deficiencies
- Examination of relevant accounting standards (Generally Accepting Accounting Practices – GAAP), auditing standards (Generally Accepting Auditing Standards – GAAS), and other applicable rules and regulations
- Preparation of an expert report and testimony in court proceedings