So when a public company is exposed for having a CFO who is not a Certified Public Accountant, even though all of their SEC filings say he is, what are they to do?
I have a few suggestions:
- Pretend we didn’t see the Insider’s post.
- Rush to Yahoo and make them remove the post, and publicly say “What post?”
- Acknowledge the information, claim it was (another) oversight, and then ignore it.
- Claim that’s it’s just another part of the conspiracy of the naughty short sellers.
- Throw the CFO under the bus. Say that he lied on his resume and we never knew. But promise that we’ll do better in the future.
- Make the CFO step down. After all, how can we claim to be an ethical company with such big blemish in our executive ranks?