Tracy L. Coenen, CPA, CFF has personally investigated hundreds of frauds in a wide variety of industries. Her work includes fraud examinations and financial investigations in cases of embezzlement, financial statement fraud, investment fraud, divorce and family law, and insurance fraud. She has served as an expert witness in numerous cases in state and federal courts involving damage calculations, commercial contract disputes, shareholder disputes and criminal defense.
Certified Public Accountant (CPA) – Licensed in Wisconsin and Illinois
Certified in Financial Forensics (CFF)
Master of Business Administration – Marquette University
Honors Bachelor of Arts in Criminology and Law Studies – Marquette University
- Working in an investigative or accounting capacity for over two decades
- Adjunct Instructor at Marquette University (2014-present)
- Adjunct Professor at Concordia University – Wisconsin (2001-2009, 2013-2014)
- Adjunct Faculty for the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (2006-2007)
- Journal of Accountancy Editorial Adviser (2008-2015)
- The Value Examiner Editorial Board (2010-2014)
- Instructor for NACVA Cornerstones of Financial Forensics Workshop (2012-2013)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts (NACVA)
- American Bar Association (ABA)
Awards and Media
- 2013 Outstanding Member, presented by the National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts
- 2010 Marquette University Alumni National Awards winner, receiving the Entrepreneurial Award from the College of Business Administration
- 2007 winner of the Hubbard Award, presented by the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners.
- 2002 Women of Influence award winner, presented by the Business Journal.
- Commentary has been featured on CNBC, NBC News, ABC News, CBS News, and FOX.
- Quoted on fraud issues and entrepreneurship in business publications such as the Wall Street Journal, Compliance Week, Entrepreneur.com, USA Today, Financial Executive Magazine, Business Journal, and Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.
- Public Stock Fraud (Millionaire Media, LLC, 2017)
- Traders and Taxes (Millionaire Media, LLC, 2017)
- Master Analyst in Financial Forensics (MAFF) Fraud Risk Management Course (NCAVA, 2013)
- CPA Services in Divorce and Family Law (Bisk Education, Inc., 2012, 2014, 2016)
- Introduction to Litigation Services (Bisk Education, Inc., 2012, 2014, 2016)
- Foundations of Financial Forensics (NACVA/AICPA, 2012) – Fraud Prevention, Detection, and Investigation (Chapter 13)
Speaker and Trainer
- Presenter at major industry conferences sponsored by organizations such as ACFE, AICPA, NACVA, IASIU, and state CPA societies
- Keynote speaker for organizations such as ACFE, Wisconsin Institute of CPAs, Indiana CPA Society, and Society of Louisiana CPAs
- Continuing education provider for NACVA, ACFE, and multiple state CPA societies
- Corporate anti-fraud trainer, instructing law firms, accounting firms, and insurance companies on best practices related to fraud management, fraud prevention, and fraud detection and investigation