I’m predicting that the dust-up concerning Sarah Palin’s youngest child, Trig, is all fabricated. Bloggers like one at The Daily Kos are going so far as to declare that he is definitely the child of her 16 year-old daughter, Bristol. But they don’t let silly little things like concrete evidence deter them. They have no real proof. Just speculation and some pictures they think are sketchy.
Here’s the “evidence” cited in support of the ridiculous claim:
- Sarah Palin waited to announce the pregnancy until March, when she was about 7 months along
- None of her staffers knew or suspected that she was pregnant
- Pictures during her pregnancy show her looking tiny
- A “baby bump” on Bristol in family pictures
- Bristol’s absence from school for a period of 5 months to 8 months, reportedly because she had mononucleosis
- Trig was 6.2 pounds at birth (supposedly too big to have shown so small on Sarah)
- The hospital where Trig was born doesn’t list him on the public web page listing births
- A picture of Sarah during her first pregnancy shows her much bigger
The pictures that supposedly prove this conspiracy theory are shown below. I don’t buy the idea that there was a cover-up. The main reason? Because it was too sloppy, if that’s what it was. If Sarah was trying to fake a pregnancy, would she knowingly be tiny? Or would she have bulked up to make it more believable?
If Bristol was hiding a pregnancy, would she be wearing a tight-ish top in public, family pictures? Or would she have worn something that would conceal it at least a little. (Newsflash: Teenagers do gain and lose weight!)
I refuse to believe that the Palins, a highly public family, would engage in such a poor cover-up regarding a pregnancy. If they really wanted to fool the public, they would have been far more careful to make the pregnancy story believable.
What a shame that the Palin family, especially Bristol, has to be smeared in such a hateful way.
UPDATE 1: A picture that the conspiracy theorists aren’t posting with their outlandish claims. This is reportedly a picture taken 8 days before Trig was born, and Sarah sure looks pregnant to me!
UPDATE 2: The family photo above was reportedly taken in 2006, debunking the rumors that Bristol was pregnant in late 2007 and early 2008.
The image below was posted by a writer on The Daily Kos to help debunk the Sarah Palin pregnancy lies. She looks awfully pregnant to me! The writer rightfully points out that the other Kos blogger who was promoting the horrible lies didn’t post pictures like this because it didn’t fit the lie that was being promoted. You got that right!
UPDATE 3: And this picture was posted at HotAir.com, again debunking the lie that Sarah Palin wasn’t really pregnant with Trig.