Ken and Daria Dolan had a really good post on WalletPop today about the tricks credit card companies play. Yes, they’re all legal. Yes, they’re all outlined in your credit card agreement. But they are a bit sneaky and can catch you off guard.
Unfortunately, if you want to play the credit card game today, it’s your responsibility to know and abide by these rules, sneaky or not.
Here are the seven… if you want all the details you’ll have to check WalletPop:
- Say “Bye-Bye” to Your Grace Period
- Punishing you when you are credit smart.
- Doing you the “favor” of sending you “convenience” checks.
- Psst… Hey, buddy, want to skip a payment?
- Lowering your minimum payment due.
- It’s 5 o’clock… Do you know where your payment is?
- “Over the limit” fees