Does Xyngular Work? (Or Isagenix, or Herbalife, or Take Shape For Life, or Visalus, or Any Multi-Level Marketing Company)

Several months ago I wrote an article on the Xyngular weight loss program being pimped by Jennifer McKinney (aka mommy blogger MckMama).  The bottom line for me was that these programs do not work because:

• They create short-term weight loss through a dizzying cycle of starvation, unhealthy meal replacement shakes, and questionable drug-like “supplements” that are supposed to get you high and suppress your appetite
  • The representatives make repeated health claims are strictly prohibited by the federal government. The distributors claim that the products cure anything and everything from joint pain, to autism, to diabetes, and more.
  • Xyngular (and Herbalife, Medifast, Take Shape For Life, Visalus, Isagenix, and the rest of them) have poor long-term results because they are fad diets that rely on starvation and potentially unsafe substances. The vast majority who lose weight with these programs gain it all back.

For months, Jennifer McKinney has been boasting that she lost “80 pounds”!!! But the reality is entirely different. She did lose weight initially, but her weight went up and down like a yo-yo. She got as low as about 171 pounds, which *might* be evidenced with the picture on the left from March 2013:

mckmama-weight-loss-reality

Unfortunately, it appears that the picture on the left was altered with Photoshop, while the picture on the right (July 2013) is unaltered.  Either Jennifer McKinney was never as “thin” as she claimed, or she has gained most of her weight back.

What does this tell us? It is proof positive that the Xyngular system does not work. It is a fad diet that helps with temporary weight loss, and then the users gain back all of their weight.

UPDATE: In May 2014, it is clear that Jennifer has gained back all of her weight, but she is still touting her big “weight loss” as she tries to recruit people into Xyngular. She rarely posts pictures of herself anymore, and when she does, she is hiding behind others to conceal the truth. Of course, she will never admit that she gained all her weight back and the products do not work long term.

realcomparison

Similar Posts:

18 Comments

• Dolphin Bunnywolf says:
    28 July 2013

She looks like Divine from “Pink Flamingos” in that last shot.

• Kara Lynn says:
    29 July 2013

She really is criminal. Do disgusting and vile. Her exposed true weight and terribly unfortunate (and might I add — very masculine) looks are at least some consolation to the revolting life this slimy scam artist lives.

Her children are going to hate her when they grow up and realize the truth. And that husband of hers? Equally as revolting. I’m not even quite sure he’s a man.

• Carmen says:
    29 July 2013

I don’t think my using profanity here is appropriate so I’ll tone it down. Holy crap on a cracker! Who does she think she is fooling? And what is with that sheet draped around her neck? It is July in Las Vegas; that is like me putting on a parka here in Arizona. Obviously, this is not “business casual” attire either. Clothing choices and criticism aside, you have written another terrific article proving how weight-loss products hawked by MLM companies do not provide sustainable weight loss. Jennifer has talked about 8-day challenges (of which you’re only supposed to do one but she has done 10+), eating days, non-eating days, and “fat fasts” where she goes days eating nothing but eggs, butter, bacon, and drinking pints of whipping cream. In the bigger scheme of things I really wish the FDA would seriously crack down on these companies and prosecute individuals who make false health claims or offer medical advice. Offering medical advice in some states is technically practicing medicine without a license and is a punishable offense. Will be the any future updates regarding the “burned” house or her creditors?

• Tracy Coenen says:
    29 July 2013

I would love to do updates on how the McKinneys are STILL trying to swindle their creditors, but I don’t have quite enough documentation yet. Cross your fingers that said documentation appears magically in my email inbox.

• Pam says:
    29 July 2013

This is what makes this woman an unethical criminal.

• Char says:
    29 July 2013

“Unfortunately, it appears that the picture on the left was altered with Photoshop”. Was the first hint she shopped off half her nose? Or the elongated face when her face is normally round?

Can’t wait to hear about how they aren’t paying their bills.

• Melinda says:
    29 July 2013

Tracy, has Jennifer ever contacted you to deny/defend/explain/disprove (lie) about anything you have written?

• Tracy Coenen says:
    29 July 2013

Melinda – Of course not. Why not? Because everything printed here is fact, or a protected opinion (i.e. I’m allowed to have the opinion that Jennifer McKinney is an asshole, and there’s nothing she can do about it when I tell people that opinion.) There has always been an open invitation for MckMama to provide any proof that facts stated here are incorrect. I’d never want to print anything that isn’t true, thus to the best of my knowledge (and in accordance with the documentation I have seen), everything is true. She can’t refute things, so she’s better off living in her fantasy land on Facebook, where her sheeple don’t tend to question what she says.

• Lee says:
    29 July 2013

Tracy, I will have an update for your files by Thursday. I will contact you with the data.

• Carmen says:
    30 July 2013

It was on the news yesterday that Bravo TV reality stars Teresa and Joe Guidice (Real Housewives of New Jersey) are facing up to 30 years in prison for bank fraud, wire fraud, lying on bankruptcy documents, fraudulently obtaining mortgages, nonpayment of taxes for several years, etc. Just how high-profile does a case have to be for people to be brought up on charges? MckMama may not be 11 million in debt, but she is $750,000 in the hole, likely to lose another CFD house, owes Israel’s former employee $60,000, and has not paid taxes in years. What would it take to have a DA look at this case and decide to prosecute? Do you think Gene Doeling contacted the IRS or a DA?

• Tracy Coenen says:
    30 July 2013

I am thrilled with the Giudice news. I can only hope JenJen gets hers too. :)

I think there is a good chance that Gene referred this case on for potential tax fraud. He seems very conscientious.

• Chris says:
    31 July 2013

The only thing I can think of when I see that pic:

“I tried to think of the most harmless thing. Something I loved from my childhood. Something that could never, ever possibly destroy us. Mr. Stay Puft.”

• So Sad! says:
    1 August 2013

I find this page interesting. As a xyngular user and distributor, I assure you that the products do work, however these photos are definately photoshopped. Jennifer has lost a lot of weight, but she looks nothing like the pic on the left and everything like the other one. I find it sad that she feels the need to lie about her success to make some money and give the products a bad rep.

• Tracy Coenen says:
    1 August 2013

If by “work” you mean that the products cause weight loss, you’re correct. They cause weight loss in one of the most unhealthy ways possible, which is why almost everyone puts back on the weight. Jennifer did lose a lot of weight, but she has gained almost all of it back.. Not a very good advertisement for the products!

• McDazed says:
    1 August 2013

But…so Sad! If Jennifer has lost weight, why does your company allow her to lie like this, and still be a presenter? And if she is on these products, why does she keep gaining the weight back on?

• Shari says:
    1 August 2013

I bought Xyng products from Jennifer and I am here to tell you So Sad that she is a liar. Those products made me feel like I was having a heart attack and she kept telling me to take MORE. Not stop the product. It was all about her dollar. AND–getting out of auto ship was like pulling a tooth out of a live tiger with no anesthetic. I had to fight it tooth and nail. Xyng makes claims that are false and it makes me sick. MLM’s are almost always scams and Xyng is certainly one of them.

• Patricia M. says:
    1 August 2013

Here’s what I’d like to know…

What are Jennifer and Israel going to do when the Xyngular scam they’re running dries up — because believe you me, it’s drying up as I type this?

They’ve run so many scams and reinvented themselves with each one that at some point, they’re going to run out of excuses as to why they need to live in a tent with their five children; live in an RV with their five children; live on a run down farm with their five children; live in a rental with their five children; and another; and another; and another.

When do they crash and burn? When do they get thrown into the slammer and lose their children to the state?

And please, God, WHEN will all the mindless robots following her realize they’ve been taken and scammed and lied to all these years about EVERYTHING SHE TOUCHES?

This woman is a fraud of the worst kind. Her husband is an accomplice. Her children are innocent victims.

WHEN?

• Charles says:
    3 September 2013

I’m always weary of “Fad Diets” that don’t supply enough research-based support on what they are claiming “works wonders.” I love seeing transparency and research cited healthy eating news!

I saw this article earlier this week and it hit home because it was simple and research-based: http://www.dailyrx.com/type-2-diabetes-risk-and-fruit-consumption-associated-new-study?, it’s about how fruit can actually be helpful in preventing diabetes, who would’ve thought!?